You are not yet enrolled in this course.
Addiction comes in all shapes and sizes, and is very easy to fall into without
even realising. It can lead to a lot of problems in life and have lasting negative effects on your
future and family-friend relationships. Learn how to protect yourself.
Addiction comes in various forms. Some types of addiction are linked to substances such as
tobacco, drugs and alcohol, whereas other types of addiction are linked to an individual’s
psychological dependence on activities such as gambling, overeating, gaming, and increasingly
in recent times, browsing the internet.
This webinar will focus on the underlying cause of addiction: self-restraint and how to manage
● Reality of the Nafs
● The desires of the Nafs
● How to gain control of the Nafs
● Results and consequences of sins
● Definition of addiction
● Various forms of strong addictions
● Various forms of soft addictions
● How fasting helps curb fulfilling desires
● How to avoid falling into the trap of Shaytan
● How to overcome peer pressure
● Quranic and Prophetic method of leaving a bad habit
● Tawbah in Islam
● Ideal for teenagers (designed specifically with a focus on teens)
● Suitable for all ages
● Suitable for students of all levels (including beginners)
● For Boys and Girls
Teacher Bio: Shaykh Tahir Ahmed Khan
Shaykh Tahir commenced the ‘Alimiyyah programme at Dar al-‘Ulum al-‘Arabiyyah al-Islamiyyah
(Bury, UK), where he spent three years studying the Islamic sciences. He then went on to
continue his studies at Miftah al-‘Ulum (Blackburn, UK), where he spent a further five years and
completed the ‘Alimiyyah programme.